About TLA Ministries: Statement of Faith
1. We believe in the Holy Scriptures, limited to the 39 canonical books of the Old Testament and the 27 canonical books of the New Testament, comprising the 66 books of the Christian Protestant Holy Bible. We accept fully the writings of the Old and New Testaments as the very Word of God, verbally inspired in all parts, inerrant, infallible and authoritative as the final rule of faith and practice.
2. We believe in the Trinity: that there is one God eternally existing in three Persons: the Father, the Son (our Lord Jesus Christ), and the Holy Spirit.
3. We believe in the absolute and full Deity of our Lord Jesus Christ; His virgin birth; His blood shed on the cross of Calvary as the only satisfactory substitutionary atonement for sin; His literal bodily resurrection from the dead; and His bodily Ascension into Heaven, there to be our Intercessor before God the Father.
4. We believe that the Holy Spirit is the third member of the Godhead, coequal with the Father and the Son, and that He convicts the world of sin, righteousness and judgment, makes believers into the children of God through the new birth, assuring them of Heaven, and that His indwelling presence enables all Christians to live holy and godly lives when they yield the members of their bodies to His control.
5. We believe that all human beings are by nature and choice sinful and lost, and have within themselves no possible means of salvation.
6. We believe in salvation by grace through faith alone; that salvation is the free gift of God, not by any virtue or works of men, but received only by personal faith in the Lord Jesus Christ; that all true believers possess the following blessings: the gift of eternal life, a perfect righteous standing before God “in Christ”, membership in the family of God, and the Divine guarantee that they shall never perish.
7. We believe in the existence of the evil enemy of God and man referred to in Scripture as Satan and the Devil, who is the Deceiver and Prince of this present world. We believe that he was defeated and judged at the Cross of Calvary, and therefore his final doom is certain.
8. We believe in the personal, bodily, visible and glorious return of our Lord Jesus Christ, the time being unrevealed but always imminent.
9. We believe that at death the spirits of the saved go immediately to be with Christ in Heaven until they receive their resurrection bodies at His return, and that the spirits of the unsaved at death descend immediately into Hell until the final day of Judgment, at which time their bodies shall also be raised from the grave, and they will be judged and cast into the Lake of Fire, the place of final and everlasting punishment, originally prepared for the Devil and his angels, not to be annihilated, but to be tormented forever.
10. We believe in the priesthood of all believers, that Christ is our Great High Priest, and through Him every born-again person has direct access into God’s presence without the need of a human priest; that the believer has the right and responsibility to personally study and interpret the Scriptures guided by the Holy Spirit, under the authority and teaching ministry established by the Holy Spirit through men whom He has gifted with the spiritual gifts of Evangelist, Pastor-Teacher and Teacher.
11. We believe that the New Testament Church is an organized body of born-again believers, practicing the Biblical ordinances and actively engaged in fulfilling the Great Commission of Matthew 28.
12. We believe that the two Biblical ordinances given to the local church are water baptism and the Lord’s Supper, to be partaken of by obedient Christians.
13. We believe in the everlasting conscious punishment of the wicked in Hell, and the everlasting conscious blessedness of the believers in Heaven.